Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to do it on line with Hackish or Stayer, I tuned my other car after modding to stage 2, using ECUTEK, so wondering if I can use that "cable" to do it with one of them on line, thank you!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*Bump*
Hackish?
Stayer?
Would you?, I know with a proper tune will get more power/performance than with any mod, please pm me if that's better for you guys...Thank you!

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
Joe, I'm not very good with English. Are you asking? Or you can do?
To make a melody is two points.
1) Must reach out to the processor. To open heart to you ))). You have to have access to all tables and maps. To write the XML file (definition). To have the appropriate software and flasher. There are a few flashers to read the ECU.
2) ok. You read the ECU. You know where to make changes, to do was increase horsepower? How to open the original factory program power, which is in the OFF mode? How to make your car not become gluttonous Behemoth?

Many solutions are given only on the dyno. Sometimes you have to spend a few years. So, if you want to try it nobody forbids.
If you're asking will work or not? Rather no than Yes.
Stayer

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Joe, I'm not very good with English. Are you asking? Or you can do?
To make a melody is two points.
1) Must reach out to the processor. To open heart to you ))). You have to have access to all tables and maps. To write the XML file (definition). To have the appropriate software and flasher. There are a few flashers to read the ECU.
2) ok. You read the ECU. You know where to make changes, to do was increase horsepower? How to open the original factory program power, which is in the OFF mode? How to make your car not become gluttonous Behemoth?

Many solutions are given only on the dyno. Sometimes you have to spend a few years. So, if you want to try it nobody forbids.
If you're asking will work or not? Rather no than Yes.
Stayer
Hi Stayer
I want to do the tune with you, I am asking if the cable I have works to get the job done or not, Can you tune/re-flash my car?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can do. But you need a cable Tactrix Open port 2.0
Google translate:

Я хочу сделать мелодию с вами, я спрашиваю, есть ли у кабеля, на котором я работаю, чтобы выполнить работу или нет, Можете ли вы настроить / перезапустить мою машину?
YA khochu sdelat' melodiyu s vami, ya sprashivayu, yest' li u kabelya, na kotorom ya rabotayu, chtoby vypolnit' rabotu ili net, Mozhete li vy nastroit' / perezapustit' moyu mashinu?

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I have now already late in the evening. Write to me in PM. I will reply you all in detail tomorrow.

·
Gamer
211 Posts
You my friend will love the tune! I was tuned by Stayer last year. It improved throttle response and gas mileage. I have the GS and it comes a low 7 sec 0 to 60 mph run. Stock is like mid 8, i can only imagine what the v6 would look like. Probably would feel like a nitrous shot when you hit mivec lol. My gas milage shot up to 35 MPG at 60 mph at 2.3k rpms... thats fucking insanely good. Thats 2.0l ecoboost level shit. I also have the spider so it's like 400 more pounds then the normal eclipse.
I have CAI and RRE Header. And if I had a 2.5 inch exhaust my performance and MPG would be even better.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You my friend will love the tune! I was tuned by Stayer last year. It improved throttle response and gas mileage. I have the GS and it comes a low 7 sec 0 to 60 mph run. Stock is like mid 8, i can only imagine what the v6 would look like. Probably would feel like a nitrous shot when you hit mivec lol. My gas milage shot up to 35 MPG at 60 mph at 2.3k rpms... thats fucking insanely good. Thats 2.0l ecoboost level shit. I also have the spider so it's like 400 more pounds then the normal eclipse.
I have CAI and RRE Header. And if I had a 2.5 inch exhaust my performance and MPG would be even better.
Hi Justin, thank you so much for the feed back bro, I will totally do it...right now shopping around for the best price to buy the damm Tactrix thing...keep you post it

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know this thread is pretty old but first off let me just say -- WOOHOO! Another Scarborough member!!! What's up brother :) LOL!

On topic, I think that the ECUTEK cable is programmed to only be used with the ECUTEK software. If memory serves me right, there's a certain bus/controller within that cable (green box) which is programmed to communicate only with specific interfaces. I'm not too sure but that's my basic high level understanding.

Hope that helps? Cheers brother!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I know this thread is pretty old but first off let me just say -- WOOHOO! Another Scarborough member!!! What's up brother :) LOL!

On topic, I think that the ECUTEK cable is programmed to only be used with the ECUTEK software. If memory serves me right, there's a certain bus/controller within that cable (green box) which is programmed to communicate only with specific interfaces. I'm not too sure but that's my basic high level understanding.

Hope that helps? Cheers brother!
Hey Rezz, thank you for the feedback bro, the thread actually is not that old... as I am not driving this one in winter, I postponed the tuning a bit, once done I'll get back to this thread with a review...Cheers!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sounds good man! Nice to hear that your plans are still all in place. I’ve got 2 cars and I’m back in this dilemma of which one to invest mods in :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would I get much out of a tune on my 06 GS with a DC Sports CAI, a higher flow main cat and a magnaflow muffler? Also thinking about getting a shop to do a custom 2.25 catback if it doesn't cost too much since my exhaust note tends to get lost after 4k RPM currently.

·
2,787 Posts
Would I get much out of a tune on my 06 GS with a DC Sports CAI, a higher flow main cat and a magnaflow muffler? Also thinking about getting a shop to do a custom 2.25 catback if it doesn't cost too much since my exhaust note tends to get lost after 4k RPM currently.
Most bolt on gain while staying NA will be the DC Sports CAI, catless header, ECU reflash
High flow main cat maybe, muffler a little less than that even imo

1 - 20 of 25 Posts