Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

turn signal unit?

777 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  zazanan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello, all! Do our cars use a standard blinker unit that can be bought at any auto store? I had an old Grand Am where I just had to take 4 screws off the bottom panel of the steering column and then slide out the old blinker and slide in the new one. Hoping ours are just as easy?

Edit, per question below: I'm talking about the turn signal lever thingie that we flick up and down for the directional blinkers.

#2 ·
You mean the bulb or?

if you mean what controls the turn signals, that would be the column switch first (the stalk out of the steering column), then the ETACs unit (body control module, needs to be programmed and married to car with specialized computer, do NOT just swap it), and then a lighting relay, and also fuses of course

#4 ·
You need one specifically for our car, the exact Mitsubishi genuine part, no auto parts store will have it I’m guessing

junk yard part, dealer, or get it online through a Mitsu parts warehouse by part number

heres your part #:
8614A001
and this part is both stalks, seems to be easier to find:
MN134591

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.