Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read through a lot of the threads here regarding turning radius. It's not the highlight of this car. It's the only thing I really think could have been majorly improved. Not a deal breaker as I don't live in a downtown area with tight parallel parking being a big concern.... or lots of U turns. But I do notice a lack here.

Is there a way to mod this? Do something to the steering rack to tighten the radius? Has anyone tried this? Created a mod? Not possible?

I am sure somewhere it's been discussed or attempted.
What is stopping the front wheels from turning another 10 degrees?

Any basic insights into this?

thanks..

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,512 Posts
Look to the drift guys who build custom angle kits. Here's a page talking about it a bit

·
Registered
6 Posts
The turning radius is an indicator that largely reflects the maneuverability of the car. The larger it is, the more space the car needs to make a full 180-degree turn. Before choosing a car, you should take into account the car tuning radius value and choose the brand of the car after calculating even such a nuance.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,512 Posts
The turning radius is an indicator that largely reflects the maneuverability of the car. The larger it is, the more space the car needs to make a full 180-degree turn. Before choosing a car, you should take into account the car tuning radius value and choose the brand of the car after calculating even such a nuance.
How about how steering rack ratio affects the handling of a car, not just maneuverability. A fast rack makes for a twitchy car prone to poor steering control at high speed, more likely to understeer and give poor feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts