481 - 500 of 977 Posts

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Welcome back to dead end pa! Hit me up maybe we can hang

·
My Rx7 made me a mechanic
414 Posts
Just wondering what you ended doing for valve springs if the seat had to be modified or not. And if you got them through delta.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #483
I got deltas springs and they fit physically but my machinist said they sit too high with the bottom seat. Meaning they are either going to bind or have way too much pleasure. I'm not sure. Whoever I have put this motor together ill have to have then check.

·
Pussy Magnet = Stock
4,553 Posts
Tom, I got a call from you the other day...

What's up?

·
resident crossplatformer
1,377 Posts
apperently Supertech makes valve spring set (which also includes locks and retainers) for the old SOHC 24 valve 6g72's, which have the exact dimensions for the valvesprings (and locks and retainers) for the 6g75 MIVEC, but I can't find any vendor that actually carries this set

well, with that said, an RPW valve spring set might also do (they have them meant for the 24 valve SOHC 6g72 and SOHC 6g74), talk to them about getting an uprated set for high boost, I should note the Supertech valve springs have a bit more at seat pressure and a higher spring rate than the (normal) RPW valve springs

this is if you can't get the Delta valve spring set will work, if you can get longer stem valves it might be more likely to use the Delta valve springs, but this kind of makes me think about valvetrain geometry and changes in lash

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
How long ago was that issued?

My cometic gaskets cost about $200. I know you helped make them much cheaper. And your torque plate is slowly making some rounds.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
That was this month. I had another one back in match I think. When i first talk to cosmetic they wanted like 2k

·
resident crossplatformer
1,377 Posts
Torque Plate - Question It - Import Tuner Magazine
here's the response for those of us that don't have a subscription

Rotary Engine Upgrades and More - Question It - Import Tuner Magazine
and another response from them

that last part of that second response from them, really wears on me, the only reason why EVO's are so easy to mod, is because there is so much existing development, it's like saying a new technology isn't viable because it is so under developed, BECAUSE NOBODY HAS DONE MUCH YET. Good fuck, aluminum used to be considered a rare metal because way back when you needed a lab to extract it from the ore, then somebody tried using electricty to melt the ore, bang, it becomes exponently cheaper to refine and fast forward a few decades and it is cheap enough to make beer cans out of. Second example, due to the cross platforming people can do with eighth generation Galants and the third generation Eclipse, and the interchangable engines from the Diamante, EVO, newer generation Galants and Eclipses (9g and 4g), and so on (and even between the 3g and the 8g), we can do so much, because we experimented, occasionally failed, learned from it, and continued on, there is no reason why this can't be applied elsewhere

·
resident crossplatformer
1,377 Posts
also, the OEM type MLS head gaskets and the OEM head bolts are a LOT stronger than you can expect, the 3/S (3000gt/Stealth) boys use OEM (read: made by Mitsubishi) head bolts and are pushing well over 1000 awhp on them, same deal with the head gaskets, I think the limit with them (from with the 3/S's, which if memory serves, are a slightly different design) is about 800 awhp, check on 3si, I'm not entirely sure on those head gaskets

also, you can get custom sized head gaskets through Brian Crower and Wiseco, just specify that you don't have a DOHC 6g72 first when ordering

·
My Rx7 made me a mechanic
414 Posts
Are those drop ins for stock heads?

·
The Evil Wizard
367 Posts
That's my question.

I was under the impression that 72 springs wont fit the 75. At least not a direct swap.

Have you tried these majin?
I think these are the springs Thomas is referring to. The 72 springs can fit for the 75 since they both use the same retainers and seats. The 75 springs are slightly taller than the 72 because 1) the valves for the 75 are shorter than the 72, 2) the design of the 75 springs are different than the 72.

481 - 500 of 977 Posts