Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was doing some research on turbos and it came across my mind about the twin turbos..is it possible to make the 2.4 eclipse twin turbo?? Any ideas or answers for this??

·
TheSlow4g
2007 GS SE Turbo (In Progress)
128 Posts
You definitely could twin turbo it.. it would just be extremely expensive, and pretty much pointless. Single turbo is the way to go on a 4 cylinder.

·
What Drives You?
9,408 Posts
LOL. Moooar Powah!

Not worth it. But, if you really want to just spend money, you could do a step-up.
In reality, there are newer turbos these days that negate the need for step-up setups as well. But, hey. Stance Lyfe. Twin Snail Lyfe. Who am I to argue.

Have fun - and whatever you do - post pics. Or whatever. giggity

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,069 Posts
I'm trying to hit max power
What's the budget? What's the level of work you're willing to put in? I'm sure you could make over 2500hp with an infinite budget, but the last guy to do that on a 4G6# hybrid motor had close to 100 grand into that setup. Or if you're looking to stay stock motor, you're looking around 550hp with an incredibly safe tune, and an amazing stock engine getting lucky, or maybe only 300hp if you're not very lucky and it has poor quality castings on the parts.

Below 1000hp roughly, a compound twin turbo setup isn't worth the effort in my mind. A shot of nitrous to spool it up will be more effective

·
TheSlow4g
128 Posts
Hate to say but I have a sneaking suspicion that this person isn’t up to the job regardless
Hate to say it, but I think I'll have to agree. If you're asking to twin turbo a four cylinder, then you probably don't have the knowledge to make "max power".. but I have to at least give the guy a chance lol

·
2,535 Posts
Hate to say it, but I think I'll have to agree. If you're asking to twin turbo a four cylinder, then you probably don't have the knowledge to make "max power".. but I have to at least give the guy a chance lol
Sounds like those trash talking punks at car meets that don’t even know how to do the basics, or some kid who’s way over their head and thinks it’s as easy to upgrade stuff like that as it is on Need for Speed and GTA

·
What Drives You?
9,408 Posts
LOL @pcfreak4 - agreed. That's what most people, truly, had best stick to.
Toying with cars IRL isn't for the faint-hearted with thin wallets. Always nice to play - but most just don't have a clue what it would take to get to a level of performance... or reliability... that you'd so easily find in games and TV.

"I need more nawwwwwssssss...."

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,069 Posts
I'll take anyone serious on any project no matter where they're at. Just hopefully when they see what is different from what they thought, they can make a judgement call in the right direction for themself.

When I did my turbo build, how many boosted 4G were around? And yep, everyone shit talked it. I even had someone say because my turbo is a reverse turbo it'll suck air out of the intake and blow it into the exhaust, lmao.

·
TheSlow4g
128 Posts
I'll take anyone serious on any project no matter where they're at. Just hopefully when they see what is different from what they thought, they can make a judgement call in the right direction for themself.

When I did my turbo build, how many boosted 4G were around? And yep, everyone shit talked it. I even had someone say because my turbo is a reverse turbo it'll suck air out of the intake and blow it into the exhaust, lmao.
I'll give anyone a chance. Everyone doubted me when I said I'm going to awd/manual swap my eclipse, but I'm still going to try it. Hopefully this guy proves the haters wrong and makes something awesome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like those trash talking punks at car meets that don’t even know how to do the basics, or some kid who’s way over their head and thinks it’s as easy to upgrade stuff like that as it is on Need for Speed and GTA
I aint no kid n I ain't no punk either bro! I'm jus extremely fascinated by these cars n how they look n sound when there fixed up..dont mean to pop ur bubble but I can rebuild tha whole engine n put it back together without any help bro or fancy tools that u might have..n besides tha greatest work comes from thinking outside tha box n not tha person looking outside from tha inside

·
TheSlow4g
128 Posts
I like the enthusiasm, but I have a question... why would you want to twin turbo it? There are no benefits to doing that. It's going to be harder and more expensive. Plus, finding parts for a turbo build are nearly impossible enough, let alone something that nobody has done. So why do you want to do this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts