Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a clear liquid leaking from under the middle of the wheels(right behind engine) I have a 06 GS. 115k miles. Didnt start leaking until today. The liquid is clear and doesnt seem to have any sort of smell. Could it just be the ac working hard? It's been humid lately. Had to repair the car before I could drive it(just got it running 2 days ago. I'm the third owner. Any info would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
Definitely sounds like AC condensation. If you have the AC on at all it will drip. My suggestion is cleaning the area it comes from, running the car without any AC at idle for a few minutes and see if there is any fluid. If nothing, turn on the AC and you’ll see fluid and if it’s the same spot you’ll know what it is.

Power steering has a chemical odor and is annoying to get off along with brake fluid so I’m sure if it was that you would be able to tell but yeah it won’t hurt to get some on your hand. Usually when I see a leak I get some on my finger and smell it and can tell what it is usually. Trans fluid is red and has a distinct smell, coolant is green, oil is a honey color and if it’s dark... change it, power steering and brake fluid are about the same in terms of color and scent but both are clear.

Most likely, it’s just your AC

·
2,862 Posts
What he said.

But from those codes, looks like you have a bad bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor, which is important, cloggged cat, which is bad, EGR clogged or failed, and an evap leak

Get the new O2 sensor and cat figured out at least

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do I unclog the cats? They're 14 years old and the last owner didnt take care of this car at all, and it shows no service records.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What he said.

But from those codes, looks like you have a bad bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor, which is important, cloggged cat, which is bad, EGR clogged or failed, and an evap leak

Also I've noticed not all the electrical stuff works. I'm learning all this as I go. I'm new to mechanic stuff, and I whose this car to learn, and that way I'd have a car I'd like once I'm done fixing it.

I'm ordering a new ghasket for the exaust manifold, the old one is leaking and falling apart. Problem is I cant move the manifold cous the bottom of it is rust welded to the rest of the exaust. Prob gonna have to take a sawzal to the bolts and try and get all the rust off and put new bolts. I've got my work cut out for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What he said.

Any idea how Icould fix the evap leak? The car runs great it's just loud asf cous pf the cats and exaust leak. Ik the red codes need fixed emedietly.c

·
2,862 Posts
What he said.

Any idea how Icould fix the evap leak? The car runs great it's just loud asf cous pf the cats and exaust leak. Ik the red codes need fixed emedietly.c
I wouldn’t do that order that the app is ordering them

1. New cat first
2. O2 sensor with it
3. EGR

Evap is kinda optional, depending on if you’re required to do e check and how hard it is to fix, I've decided my evap leak isn’t worth fixing as it requires a new gas tank, which they don’t make anymore

1 - 7 of 7 Posts