Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Up to Speed

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  blkwings 
#1 ·
Donut media finally covered the Eclipse on their Up to Speed show (albeit the 4G was little more than a footnote)

You can see it here

#4 ·
Beating a dead horse here, but Mitsubishi really screwed up by killing their tuner cars. Sadly, I don't really see them ever coming back from it, especially now that CUVs are so popular :/

That was basically me when the clutch went out and I lost to a base model 8th gen Civic sedan on the strip haha

Still have hope for the Eclipse branding...
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you..

#5 ·
Ah man, old wounds! I've been an Eclipse owner since 1999, and 4G owner since 2006. I could write a book about how Mitsubishi made so many bad decisions and drove the brand into obscurity, but I'm still an Eclipse fanboy and just mapped out a plan to keep my 4G another 12 years.

I can't even blame just them anymore. As Plain Jane said, the market has moved so far away from performance coupes, and even manual transmissions, we'll likely need to suffer another 5 years of SUV/CUV reign from Mitsubishi, but boy they could the one brand to resuscitate the small, affordable performance coupe. (I don't want a Camaro).

It's very difficult to hold out hope that Mitsubishi will revive their Ralliart heritage, but I do because I'm an idiot. I've also got big plans to make my 4G a show stopper for the next 10 years as they fade further into obscurity. Still the best looking sub $40k car ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.