Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see quite a few threads that talk about this, but nothing really pointing to a solution. I am currently building a 6g75 Mivec and would like to use the proper parts for my application.

Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
You really ready to drop $30+k into these platform between a Motor build and custom turbo setup? I'll sell you my car for $35000 with the spare stock motor with 25000 miles. I've spend $32000 on the fully load car and $20000 on the motor and trans. Car only has 25000 miles, mint condition, entire front end brand new. Save you a lot of time and head ache. Finance my car, sell yours to pay for the turbo setup. You'll have a 700hp beast with one low car payment.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You really ready to drop $30+k into these platform between a Motor build and custom turbo setup? I'll sell you my car for $35000 with the spare stock motor with 25000 miles. I've spend $32000 on the fully load car and $20000 on the motor and trans. Car only has 25000 miles, mint condition, entire front end brand new. Save you a lot of time and head ache. Finance my car, sell yours to pay for the turbo setup. You'll have a 700hp beast with one low car payment.
I don't currently own a 4g. Nor am i going that direction at the moment. This motor is going into my 3s. So far the pistons, rods, valve springs look to the the weak points at the moment. Just seems there isn't a definite direction for the springs? What did you pay for yours? Also did yours require the upgraded retainers or was that preference? My goals are 600+ hp on pump with my existing turbo setup.

You should ask fabguy, i believe he is using ford 3v ones, they should be cheaper.
Interesting. I'll hit him up

Guess I should ask what psi stock is good to as well as the alternate options?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
They were $800 and came with the Ti seats and retainer so i used them. stocks locks. My goal is close to the same. My machinist told me the spring preasure is way to high with the seat. so he things they were too tall of a spring. horseeater is using them and and i drove the car the other say and seems ok. havnt really got into it at all. still tuning with micheal

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is a hefty price tag. Now I have another question along these lines. Are the exhaust valves the only ones that require these springs, or are the intakes required as well?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts