Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The molded carpet in my 2009 GS is starting to show some wear and wanting to replace. Did some searching and apparent that might not be possible since I was only able to find a dealer that went up to only 2005. Is this a hard truth that no one is out there offering an OEM replacement for the 4G series Eclipse?

·
2,292 Posts
Yeah u can have some custom made or just rip it out or just leave it, or find a junkyard car but that’s gonna be tough too and it’ll be used

·
140whp+15.72%= 162hp
407 Posts
I cleaned mine and just got that clear plastic table cover from walmart's fabric department, cut to size and placed it on top of the inside carpet. Then put the removeable ones on top. I cut the hole for the hook too. Looks ok and is easy to clean.

·
F.N.G.
109 Posts
Foobar, have you tried taking out the carpet and cleaning it outside of the car? It's a little work, but not as hard as you might expect and you can just go crazy on it once it's out of the car.

It means removing the rear seat and both front seats (all three very easy). The center console also has to come out (that's the hardest thing) and the side trim that runs along both doors (very easy).
As long as the original isn't torn or just somehow destroyed, you can soak it in soapy water, pressure wash it (if you don't have one, take it to a car wash). Agitate the hell out of it with a stiff brush. Any left discolorations (mine has some "ashy" looking spots around the pedals) you can spray it with a fabric dye to return it to really dark black again.

It may not be what you want to do, but it is doable and you might find you can live with it afterwards.

Also, word of wisdom, if you do all that, sprinkle some baking soda on the floor before putting the carpet back down. It'll help (short term, at least) with any lingering smells. But if you do this right, it should smell great.

Good luck man, finding an OEM carpet is going to be tough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts