Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Eclipse gs. I discovered I have some water under my spare tire. I believe it was happening before I had to replace the trunk lid. The only signs of water I ever saw were light beads of water on the rear of the inside of the trunk where the lid would latch. The carpet in the trunk isn't wet. Any suggestions where I could take this to get looked at since I'm not the most mechanically inclined
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Water can also come in through the plug @Sabertooth mentioned .. I had this issue and I replaced the plug and then gave that area a coat of Crown Rust Protection You could also use WD40... ..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for responding. I've taken the plug out to drain the water. I live in Florida and during the rainy season the water accumulates regardless if the trunk was used or not.
Water can also come in through the plug @Sabertooth mentioned .. I had this issue and I replaced the plug and then gave that area a coat of Crown Rust Protection You could also use WD40... ..
The plug underneath the spare or there are other plugs? I have a feeling it may be spoiler where the trunk release button is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do not know of any other plugs... The release lever for the trunk in a 3G is on the floor to the left of the drivers seat ..The button you speak of is under your spoiler so I don`t see how it`s possible for water to get in there and leak into your trunk.. Find a trusted friend.. Get a flash light and get in the trunk at night and have them close it..Shine your light around the seal and see if your friend see`s any light coming out . If not.. it`s definitely not the trunk seal ... My trunk has an inside release lever handle just in case I lock myself in the trunk ?..how the heck can I kidnap some one and stuff them in the trunk with this feature ?;););).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts