Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I had my sun roof replaced the summer. now that its fall/winter and crappy out it is leaking out of 2 spots the first is the Sunroof control and the 2nd is on the passemger side where the little ciricle that says SRS airbag. Just a head up incase you need sunroof work done make sure they do it right.... I got to bring it back to Mitsubishi to fix it and as you cna tell im not happy.

·
Registered
103 Posts
alright ik this is kinda a older thred and its bein rain alot lately and i have this same problem with water leeking in by sunroof button.. you say if i take it to a mitsu dealer they will fix it for free??

·
Devil's Advocate
2,760 Posts
my windshield had to be replaced from seal leakage

·
4,111 Posts
The TSB in question is for 2006 & 2007 models:

07-42A-007 Mar 07 Body - Water leak through sun roof seal

By giving the dealer this information they might not blow you off, and if they say your vehicle # is not under this TSB; tell them good, let's get a Mitsu Rep involved with this dispute.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Clovisman is right...he knows his TSB's and saved my ass last week with my top...just go into ur dealership and show them, and if they refuse to cover it, show the TSB. If that doesnt work, call corporate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Water leaking through sunroof switch and srs

Took it to the dealership on 9/5/2012, it is just out of warranty by 5 months, but it is at 47000 miles. I talked to the service adviser and he wanted to charge me $105 every hour they looked at it not including parts. I called corporate, and they said that i should call them back after getting it looked at. Any suggestions? i do not want to pay $105 every hour, plus parts. had the 5 year 60000 miles warranty. I printed out the TSB as well and showed it to the service adviser, but that didn't seem to help me at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, and i'm a newbie so sorry for not introducing myself yet!

·
So many ideas, But no $$$
1,031 Posts

By giving the dealer this information they might not blow you off, and if they say your vehicle # is not under this TSB; tell them good, let's get a Mitsu Rep involved with this dispute.
I looked into this # John a I can only find it on one site;
Automotive Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins for 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse L4-2.4L (4G69). Provided by ALLDATA

·
Registered
5 Posts

Hi, saw this post. My 08 is having the same issue. Since this is now a 14 year old car, does the TBS expire or is does it have ot be under warranty for this to be fixed by a dealership? Had this car for 5 years and no issue until today. Also off to drivers side airbag logo wayer was comming out, as well as headliner of side airbag.
Wood Grey Tints and shades Rectangle Pattern

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

Vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car

1 - 15 of 15 Posts