Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

41 - 60 of 115 Posts

·
Eclipse MR
9,144 Posts
Light weight rotors? The stock ones are already bad to warp! Besides, where do you buy light weight rotors?

·
Aviator
2,588 Posts
my aunts porsche has carbon ceramic brakes i hear they weigh as much as a feather, IDK maybe brembo offers some?

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
i had it pointed out to me at one point that you could save some weight by losing the paint on your car...good excuse for ricers with no paint job

but honestly...think about how much a gallon of paint weighs...and how many gallons would it take to paint a car...

·
Aviator
2,588 Posts
i had it pointed out to me at one point that you could save some weight by losing the paint on your car...good excuse for ricers with no paint job

but honestly...think about how much a gallon of paint weighs...and how many gallons would it take to paint a car...
lulz, maybe u can get a rusted hood and be in style

·
Eclipse MR
9,144 Posts
I know that the EVO rotors I put on my car were quite a bit heaver then the stock ones.

·
Eclipse MR
9,144 Posts
Not sure.. But they are heaver

·
Aviator
2,588 Posts
Not sure.. But they are heaver
here I got some info from evo forums

FRONT ROTOR WEIGHT (each, lbs)
Stock Brembo 21.35
StopTech 19.35
Racing Brake 19.0
DBA 5000 18.5
Project Mu SCR 18.0
Performance Friction dimpled 17.7
Girodisc slotted 17.4
Girodisc slotted/drilled 17.25
Bear Eradispeed 15.8

REAR ROTOR WEIGHT (each, lbs)
Stock Brembo 14.6
Racing Brake 14.0
StopTech 12.9
Baer Eradispeed 11.66
Girodisc slotted 11.1

·
Aviator
2,588 Posts
To the OP:
I completely stripped the trunk area and wow is my exhaust louder now, I did a few 20-80 runs and it's much louder in the cockpit now. Not the bad kind of loud, but the good kind sounds like the inside of a gt3 (i wish).

Question:

Relocating the battery to the rear... how hard do you think this would be?
Would the battery have to pump out more voltage, since it would be a whole car length of wiring from the trunk to the engine bay- there would be a lot more resistance in the wires,
Please correct me if I am wrong, I actually wana do it now, since my trunk is completely empty I lost too much weight in the rear.

·
Blue Collar Genius
3,225 Posts
the battery relocating is actually pretty simple.......just use some 0 guage wire and new ends, they have bolt couplings to put on the original end and you just run them back there......I would suggest through the center console and under the carpet, cross to the b pillar while under the front seats still and into the trunk through the sidewall.......the wires going under the back seat will keep the back seat from snapping down all the way into position, if you don't have a back seat, just run them right into the tire well......

·
Aviator
2,588 Posts
the battery relocating is actually pretty simple.......just use some 0 guage wire and new ends, they have bolt couplings to put on the original end and you just run them back there......I would suggest through the center console and under the carpet, cross to the b pillar while under the front seats still and into the trunk through the sidewall.......the wires going under the back seat will keep the back seat from snapping down all the way into position, if you don't have a back seat, just run them right into the tire well......
Alright sounds good, what about mounting the battery in the trunk, I heard there are a few kits out there, but I am not sure what would be the best way

·
Blue Collar Genius
3,225 Posts
you need a flat plate and something that will wrap around it.......see if you can remove the one in the engine compartment....otherwise some allthread, nuts and washers, and a chunk of steel, and you'll be in business.....look at some of the offroad stores, they sell battery mounting kits.........in my 64 bug I strapped mine to the rollcage.......just like on my sandrail.....

and get an Optima, you can lay them down on their sides if you need to........

·
Aviator
2,588 Posts
Alright sounds like a DIY over spring break!!!
oh and my rear seats are still in, I will take them out so everyone can stop bumming rides from me

·
Aviator
2,588 Posts
How much do the air bags weigh? I will keep the driver ones just take out the passenger lol.

·
Blue Collar Genius
3,225 Posts

·
Aviator
2,588 Posts
Haha will do, ty for advice ++Repp

ouch 174 for that battery, but only 13lbs!!!!!! dammm

41 - 60 of 115 Posts