Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
873 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Dominic16 
#1 ·
06 Eclipse GT

Ok so whats going on is the clutch pedal is giving a weird feeling after accelerating. I spoke to a few mechanics at work and they told me based off of their experience its the slave or master clutch cylinder. I spoke to the dealer and the warranty expires at 60k miles and I'm at 67k. This has been going on for the past 9k miles.

Heres the facts:

whenever i accelerate past 4500 rpm through second or third gear and basically take it close to redline the clutch begins to feel funny. sometimes this also occurs when i have to merge into traffic on the interstate and i take it over 4500 rpm but not up to redline and clutch acts up.

To put it into perspective the clutch feels like you can push it about 5-8" when driving normal. Well after i accelerate as explained and hit the clutch within 30 seconds after shifting then it only has a length of what feels like 3-4". I have to pump the clutch and drive the car easy for about 2-3 min so it feels like normal.

This all started last summer when i was at the track. i had run the car about 3 times that night and ran against a GTO for the 4th time and when i shifted out of 2nd gear it started doing this.

I talked to the dealer and they said my master and slave cylinder are fine but i think they are wrong. if not I dont know whats going on. The clutch is fine. you can smell something weird when this happens and i figure the stock clutch is finally slipping considering how many mile are on the car and how its been driven.

I have my new stg 3 clutch on its way and have a fidanza flywheel already to go. but i need to resolve this clutch problem before i install the new clutch.

any input would be awesome. and sorry for the length of this but i hate having to send multiple posts when i can just put one large one

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.