Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I had my key turned over by the engine was off an I noticed a steady buzzing coming from under the hood. So I pinpointed where the sound was coming from which was near the throttle body an began too start unhooking things too figure out where the noise was coming from an the noise stopped when I disconnected something near the throttle body an the sound went away. I'll reply with a picture of what I disconnected. However when I started my car up afterwards the engine was rocking like crazy, I pushed the gas pedal too the floor an nothing happened. Check engine light also illuminated with these codes. P0223 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch B Circuit High, and P0123 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High. So I Disconnected the battery to reset the computer an the steady buzzing noise came back an the car ran like normal, check engine light was also off with no codes stored. Has anyone noticed this an is it a problem or is it normal? I don't know if this would have anything to do with it but my alternator is going bad an will need replacing soon. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,384 Posts
You unplugged your throttle body. It absolutely won't drive without that fella, hahaha. It's what controls air into the engine.

If it's buzzing really badly instead of the normal little bit, then it may be on its way out. But they normally whine a bit.

Also, undoing the battery should remove a code like that.

So, everything is as it should be basically.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts