Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I started having a weird problem with my 07 Mitsubishi Eclipse V6, since last Winter, I will try to keep it simple here.

Last Winter, I went to Firestone to replace my brake pads. They replace the two in the front and smooth out all the Rotars.
The next few days I noticed the brakes produce squeaking noise under braking. I went back again to them, and they replaced it for the second time. This time the same problem happened plus I noticed twice while I was driving the ABS & TCS lights came on, the car stereo (after market) restarted and the AC stop blowing cold air.
I went back to them for third time they replaced with different brand and the issue was solved as far the brakes squeaking noise.

Couple Month after I replaced my car stereo to another after market one. Another month or So, I replaced my halogen headlights lights with Led lights headlights.

Couple month later, I started having a problem where suddenly while I am driving specifically when I am stopped at the stop light or drive thru, some dash lights come one and it is very random, plus sometimes the gauges stop working or freeze. Adding to that, the AC stop blowing Cold air.
I noticed when this problem happens, I keep hearing the two big Fans on the radiator stop and go multiple times before all dash light comes on. Also, when the AC starts blowing hot air that's when the fans on the radiator are not working anymore.
The only temporary solution is to turn the car off and ON again and the problem is gone.
Keep in mind this problem does not always happen, it can happen once a week or once every other week very random. Maybe because i drive really short distance every day about 2 miles. But every time i drive for over 3 miles, it happens.

What I tried.
Disconnecting my car stereo
putting back the halogen lights I had.

This code I have only seen one time, but it is not there anymore.
Telephony Communication Device Mobile phone Gadget Portable communications device

This code is still present and I am not sure what is this one for.
Gadget Communication Device Display device Tints and shades Font

I am still having the same issue and not sure what else can i do any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For 6 years my positive battery terminal was wired backwards by the previous owner. Car functioned mostly normal but did weird things like this intermittently and unpredictably. I'd look at it just in case. Once it was fixed the car performs far better. It's like a completely different vehicle
The issue i had this car since 2016 and i never had any issues untill 2022. but I will check that thanks for ur reponse.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts