Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I had this wierd turbo noise like it's down spooling can't figure out what it is. Just so everybody understands unless somebody snuck in and turboed my naturally aspirated eclipse I'm pretty fucking sure I don't have a turbo.

Needless to say the down spooling turbo sound has got me baffled definitely more prevalent idling but that's probably only because of road noise hiding it while I'm driving I think it might be the AC not quite sure. Definitely will try and get it on video at some point.

Also started noticing it after I noticed I'm having slight electrical issues, lights dimming in my interior LEDs, along with headlights now too, head unit screen shutting off it still plays but the screen just shuts off like it's being undervolted. I Notice the AC does have a hell of a draw on the engine when it Cycles.

Definitely more prevalent electrical issues IE dimming lights head unit freaking out when my AC is on also noticed my passenger side window dropping down like I was opening the door more often after noticing the other electrical issues and turbo sound.

I disabled the window drop by pulling both connectors on interior and exterior door handles for the passenger door just to diagnosed what switch is causing it to do that.

trying to see if it was just the door switch in the seal or is actually one of the handles will reconnect one of the handles to see if it starts doing that again or reconnected the last the only thing I can think of was doing a process of elimination because all the switches tested fine at least this way I'll know which one is triggering it.

So Unless one of you guys snuck down to my garage and installed a turbo on my car I think I might have a slight issue. And if one of you guys did sneek down and somehow get a turbo on my car without me knowing thank you but it's lacking in power.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also forgot to mention when my fan is on heat or AC it's got a heavy wine now can't tell if it's coming from the speakers or the motor itself even with the head unit off I still hear it so I want to say it's coming from the blower motor but not quite sure in the process of taking a video of the cycle time of my AC and just noticed while typing this that my lights at least my footwell lights flicker even with the AC off so might have an alternator issue

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Also if you guys noticed some weird wording or using the wrong word somewhere 90% of the time when I post I'm using speech to text a lot of times while driving because that's when I actually think of everything. And if there's pictures attached those ones definitely were not while I was driving but I probably still did use speech to text because I just noticed my speech to text uses Flickr instead of flicker

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats what i was thinkin too it was just odd that it sounded like i had a turbo when i clearly dont

·
Registered
283 Posts
I would shut the A/C off then see if your weird electrical problems go away. If they don’t go away with the A/C off, I’d say alternator is dying. If they do go away, then A/C compressor could be culprit.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was not supposed to say reverse voltage it was supposed to say what is a good voltage stupid speech to text.

anyways here's what mine is doing the left one is the voltage at the OBD2 reader the right one is at the system level

https://youtu.be/qXXtP3U1hP0

·
Registered
283 Posts
I was wondering what reverse voltage was... lol

Usually around 12V with the car off, 14V or so running is typical for most normal (non-variable charging) cars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts