Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cut open and painted my spare tail light. It was really cracked, so I figured I would give it a shot. I love how it looks, and I am willing to cut open my good lights. The only issue is that the blinker in the painted light is dimmer than the stock light. Can anyone recommend a good LED blinker bulb? I've been reading on here for a while, but people don't talk about what bulb they purchased. They also don't really talk about the durability. I live in Minnesota, so it has to be able to withstand some pretty cold weather. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Here's what the tail light looks like.
image.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks really really good.

And diode dynamics has good quality LEDs. Expensive, but the quality is good. Not my choice for simple things like interior lighting, but good for exterior.Bright and durable. And I didn't even get paid to say that
Thanks for the tip. I may just have to bite the bullet and go the expensive route. Now I need to figure out where to put the load resistors, unless hyper flash isn't as annoying as I imagine.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
I 100% endorse Diode Dynamics and I, too, am not getting payed. Their bulbs are stupid good and will last forever. Much better to just shell out for a good bulb then get a crap one off amazon that will die in a few months. Plus, 4G members get free shipping.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I 100% endorse Diode Dynamics and I, too, am not getting payed. Their bulbs are stupid good and will last forever. Much better to just shell out for a good bulb then get a crap one off amazon that will die in a few months. Plus, 4G members get free shipping.
I guess I need to order from them. If two of the most active people on this forum endorse them, they must be good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually use their front turn signal bulbs and load resistors and can say they're very great quality. Can't attest for their rears but I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're hella good as well.
:twothumb:

It needs to quit snowing so that I can actually do this. The anticipation is killing me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts