Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

5041 - 5060 of 5090 Posts

·
Gamer
6,896 Posts

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
Bought a few things to do some preventative maintenance like things to do a partial coolant flush, a convertible top protectant for the new top so it's water proof and has some type of UV Protection. Also I razor bladed and scrubbed all the glass on the car, can't even tell glass is there anymore.

·
Registered
131 Posts
After a month of waiting finally got my DC Sports CAI 🙂 Super easy to install and had absolutely zero fitment issues anywhere . Didn't have to jack the car or take the tire off either 🙂 Nearly passed out in the 37 degree heat with no shade though lol . New timing belt , water pump etc on Tuesday ($1200) 😞 Plastidipping my rims black Thursday and that should be it for a while , at least until I recover from the $1200 belt !

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
Got my windows tinted with 20%, really thinking I should have gone with 5% but 20% is still really good. Here's a picture of my new convertible top too, which looks amazing.

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Tint looks great man ! I've got the factory rims myself , someone gave me them brand new for free 🙂 Gonna plastidip black tomorrow . Tints gonna be my next thing , were allowed any % on the rear and rear side windows , no tint allowed on front side windows , and on the front your only allowed tint 3 inches down from the top of the windshield . I'll go pretty dark on the rear but I'd still like something on the side just a little lighter , I'm the last guy who needs any attention from law enforcement lol .

·
Authorized Kool Kid
10 Posts
Sanded down my Spec-D headlights with failing clear, then put on some Vvivid Bio Pulse smoked tint

·
Authorized Kool Kid
10 Posts
Did u wet sand?
yes sir, once I got up to 3000 grit... not entirely sure I did everything right but it's held up for the past 2-3 hrs under the tint.

·
Registered
131 Posts
New intake and plastidipped the factory rims ( I love plastidip ! ) . Car goes in the shop in the morning for new timing belt / water pump etc . And then I'm broke for a while ! Would love to drop it but coil overs are way out of the budget and the roads here are brutal , spend my day dodging man holes and pot holes

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
New intake and plastidipped the factory rims ( I love plastidip ! ) . Car goes in the shop in the morning for new timing belt / water pump etc . And then I'm broke for a while ! Would love to drop it but coil overs are way out of the budget and the roads here are brutal , spend my day dodging man holes and pot holes
How'd you plastidip the wheels? Note cards and spray a few coats? I'm afraid that it will chip off from road debris, I'd want to add a clear coat or something over it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bought the rattle can plastidip , took a Scotch Brite pad to the rims , wiped them with soap and water after , wrapped my brakes in grocery bags , cards/paper wouldn't fit in my rims for some reason but there's actually an easy better way 🙂 If you get a tire shine sponge or spray some tire shine on a rag and rub it on the tire ( make sure you don't get it on the rim ) it will literally peel off in one pull/piece . I actually couldn't see the overspray until I rubbed the tire and it wrinkled and I peeled it off . They say 1 can does 1 wheel and you want 4-7 coats , I got at least 7 coats on all 4 wheels from just 1 can for some reason , they say the more the better so I used a 2nd can and probably have 20 coats on mine lmao , kept an extra can if I ever need a touch up and returned the other one . It's so incredibly easy I didn't have any mess/runs/drips , took maybe 2 hours with prep and cleanup and they look amazing . Might try it out on my mirrors next

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's slick ! I really need to drop mine , I've gotta say that has to change the look of the car more than anything . If the roads in my area aren't the best and I do a lot of highway driving is there a certain height I wanna stick to ? It'll be just springs until I can eventually afford coilovers . The Megan Racing ones I've been looking at are a 1.5" drop

·
Gamer
6,896 Posts
That's slick ! I really need to drop mine , I've gotta say that has to change the look of the car more than anything . If the roads in my area aren't the best and I do a lot of highway driving is there a certain height I wanna stick to ? It'll be just springs until I can eventually afford coilovers . The Megan Racing ones I've been looking at are a 1.5" drop
I ran tien S tech springs 2.5" drop for 5 years, and had no issues at all, especially highway driving, if that's too low for you, then I'd go with a 2 in drop

·
Registered
131 Posts
Really hey ? That's good to know ! When I bought the car the guy had 18" Dodge truck rims on it , I couldn't even turn into my parking spot and it made a horrible rubbing noise . Someone gave me brand new factory 17" so I've got those on now . Wondering how people have 20" rims on theirs ! Must be something to do with the offset ?

5041 - 5060 of 5090 Posts