Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

5061 - 5080 of 5090 Posts

·
Gamer
6,896 Posts
Really hey ? That's good to know ! When I bought the car the guy had 18" Dodge truck rims on it , I couldn't even turn into my parking spot and it made a horrible rubbing noise . Someone gave me brand new factory 17" so I've got those on now . Wondering how people have 20" rims on theirs ! Must be something to do with the offset ?
Yea a lot of factors plays into it, wheel size, width and offset,
I currently run 19x 9.5 +40 offset, and they are almost flush, any higher of a offset and they would stick to far Into the wheel well and rub

·
Registered
131 Posts
I definitely noticed it was a much more rugged bumpy ride with the 18's , but they were also pretty dinged up and he had 4 mismatched tires and fronts on the back , left's on the right etc lol . Dude just butchered this car I'm surprised I was able to rescue it

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ya the 18's he had on it had low pros or something , was horrible though even at 20km my phone would bounce around so much in the cup holder it would text and call people non stop , just a nauseating ride . Soon as I put new rubber and factory rims on it felt like a Cadillac in comparison lol . All the rims I really like are in the bigger size and for some reason cheaper too . Hard to find anything I like in 17 . Someone in my area has these gorgeous Rikens from the 80's fully restored and custom . $900 is outta my budget when I got brand new factories for free 🙂 The plastidip I did is holding amazing and the shop that did my belt said it was the best job theyve ever seen and didn't believe it was plastidip . And I just did a quick Scotch Brite once over and threw it on . Gonna add this metallic purple over the black to go with my still blue pearl paint 🙂

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed the new exhaust and tires. Gonna purchase a new control panel and bezels soon. Also I have cool plans for the interior, found very cool seat covers lately on eBay. I was planning to be resting in my real estate in Cannes in this month but I can't move anywhere because of the pandemic so I decided to work on my project car

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've thought about seat covers just cause my AC doesn't work and I don't wanna be sweating in my seats lol . Their in great shape so I'd like to protect them but aside from custom I'm not sure how well they'd fit , and I really like the cut out in the headrest

·
Registered
780 Posts
Did some cleaning of the brakes/rotors, also fixed a cracked corner on the bumper. New fender mounting points as well. Reinforced the side splitters, they were flaring out slightly , got it on point. Scrubbed all the rims, washed her.up

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
780 Posts
Gonna attempt to rebuild the OEM cv axles. Any pointers are appreciated as this will be my first time doing this. I also wrapped the 3rd taillight. Had that VHT nightshade spray on it, I won't be using again. I'm using Vvivd smoke tint

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
1,965 Posts
Gonna attempt to rebuild the OEM cv axles. Any pointers are appreciated as this will be my first time doing this. I also wrapped the 3rd taillight. Had that VHT nightshade spray on it, I won't be using again. I'm using Vvivd smoke tint

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Why? Replacements are cheap unless you’re making serious power they will still last a long time and won’t break, like if you’re not FI

·
Registered
131 Posts
I know their certainly not everyone's " cup of tea " lol , but I really wanted a spoiler so went ahead and put one on yesterday 🙂 so love it and got a few compliments on the way home but curious what you guys think ! I think it's gonna look even better lowered ( Installing S Techs this week) . Cheers guys n gals

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
331 Posts
Holy shit, can't wait for this page of this thread to be over. These huge ass images are really triggering me. :crunk::crunk::crunk:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Decided to drive the car today to work, still breaking in new clutch
Those headlights are awesome how did you get the halos orange did you do it yourself? I had the regular sped-D halo lights installed at the end of last year and they have a clear coat already peeling so I'd like to do some work on them unless your headlights are bought that way?

5061 - 5080 of 5090 Posts