Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so, after driving a bright yellow 4G for the past 3 years, I'm used to having a pretty flashy car so the new carbon pearl paint job just isn't quite doing it for me. I'm thinking of painting the wheels white, but I wanted to get some second opinions on it before I go with it since it's not a black or blue car where white wheels are a sure bet. I had my friend do a quick photoshop so the entire wheel isn't white, but it would be if I painted them.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hmm, I personally prefer blacked-out w/ a small colored accent but you could try plasti-dipping and see how you like the color. I dipped my wheels recently and they turned out really well IMO. I know plasti-dip has a lot of civic ricer connotations to it but it's come a long way and you can really do a lot of cool effects with it for cheap, plus it's reversible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all, so, after driving a bright yellow 4G for the past 3 years, I'm used to having a pretty flashy car so the new carbon pearl paint job just isn't quite doing it for me. I'm thinking of painting the wheels white, but I wanted to get some second opinions on it before I go with it since it's not a black or blue car where white wheels are a sure bet. I had my friend do a quick photoshop so the entire wheel isn't white, but it would be if I painted them.

I’d def go with black imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh wow, I really like that green actually. That's a great idea since it's a brown based gray.

Thanks for the Photoshopping, too, by the way

·
Registered
461 Posts
You gotta do you man. The green does look cool but I think it would be hard to tie in other mods with that rim color. The copper/bronze is a bit more stealth looking, plus a killer combination would be to paint the calipers the same color and slap on drilled rotors...just my 2 "copper" teh he pun intended!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the opinions, everyone. I think I'm going to go with either white or green - preferably green, but I'm going to have to track down someone who can do that frozen green look locally if I'm gonna do that. Otherwise they'll be white.

The bronze and black look good, but I'm really wanting that flashy aspect. Like I said, the yellow has made me like that look, so this splash of color will do it for me, I think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My girlfriend's vote is this (photoshopped it with her)

Give me a caliper suggestion if you want to see it. It's in my template too now
Hi, I was wondering if you could photoshop a white eclipse with matte black and gloss black rims? I'm planning on plasti dip mine but haven't decided on the color yet.. many thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was thinking red or yellow for the calipers if I do white wheels, yeah. The yellow would look good against the metallic gray brown I think. Plus red matches the engine...for now.

It's a shame that green and red equate to Christmas despite being complementary colors.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts