Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
15K views 25 replies 6 participants last post by  JL_06GS 
#1 ·
#2 ·
These are the spacers I have on my car and they look and work great. I happened to go with 20mm front and 25mm rear though, and I am dropped 1.5" on eibachs. Once you lower you will want to get an alignment, but if you plan to drive it for more than 3-5 months with spacers before the drop, then i'd probably check with a shop to see if you need to get them aligned, and yes, they are a bolt on and go. Be sure to check they are still bolted tightly every few months

Reactions: 12'buishi_eclipsegt
#5 ·
here ya go

#4 ·
#8 ·
Also guys. I wanted to ask how low can you go with , say 20mm spacers and a 18 inch wheel. I might start looking for rims this winter. What are people going with 18x8? And being new to buying wheels, what does the offset actually do, as far as appearance. Thanks

#11 ·
there shouldn't be too much issue at all. I can't say from experience, but an extra .5" drop shouldn't rub the tire and fender. sorry for not replying asap. if anyone with 2"+ drop and space let him know, but if you go for 2.5. 3" i'd expect a rub

#12 ·
You'll get some rub in the back. I put 20mm spacers all around and got h techs and it was rubbing over bumps once I got a wheel allignment. You'll either have to camber the back a bit or do what I did and grind off the little flange in the wheel wells. Once you do that,she won't rub anymore! That's with 18x8,+38 offset though. You might be o.k with the + 48 offset.

#14 ·
Thanks for the pics and heads up man. So no issues after taking the lip off? I'll be on stock rims for a while, which are 17x7.5 ???? I think?? What size 18s and offset are people usually going with? And does grinding off that lip mean I have to prime and paint so it won't rust?

#15 ·
Yes,please rust proof and clear coat it! Sorry forgot to mention that. If your on 17s you will definatly be o.k. Remember to take in to consideration the side wall of your tires. Stock gt rims are 235/45 r 18. Wouldn't hurt to go with a lower profile tire. Just remember if you do,you'll lose a little cushion in your ride.

#18 · (Edited)
Ive been looking through old thread, and Am not exactly sure what ppl are doing.. Just cutting off the part of the lip that turns toward the ground, or cutting a little back on the horizontal part , and then rolling?

Also this all seems like it would take alot of structural support away from the 1/4, /no?

#20 ·
Was there ever a way found to roll the lip, ( the small part that turns down ) ? Everything I saw, was ppl cutting that lip off with a dremmel, grinding it smooth, then heating and rolling the double walled horizontal section.

Beginning to seem like more of a pita than its worth. I'll look into it a bit more. At the very maximum. I would have 18x8.5 wheels, 20mm spacers and h techs. I'll be on stock rims til at least next spring , but still don't want the headache of swapping to a bigger rim and rubbing.

Although it seems like the eibachs and 20mm spacers do NOT seem to rub, but they are only a 1.5" drop as opposed to the h techs 2"

#22 ·
P.S here are a few more pics of the 1.5" with 25mm in the rear

#25 ·
^the car is due for a serious alignment and at this moment I am not sure where it sits. When I first got it done about a year ago it was probably at stock level, but probably cambers out slightly so probably a little less than +1.

#26 ·
After years of being a 4G owner, I’m finally beginning to make some cosmetic updates. This site has been awesome - while this thread is approaching a decade in age, it’s still relevant and led me to exact parts and stance I was looking for!!! Thanks to site owners and those who once posted here. A few pics of my results after adding the spacers recommended above - 20mm front 25mm rear
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle
View attachment 102986
View attachment 102986
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.