Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, was part of the club 3g forum for about 8 years and just recently upgraded to a 2011 gt 3.8L with all the prem add on's (Rockford, Leather heated seats, HIDs, back wiper, etc)

My problem is the headlights are fogged and had this issue on my old 3g eclipse so i just replaced the entire headlights with new instead of cleaning them every few months. My problem however is I can't find any full HID kits to purchase online as all the ones I've found are "Fit factory halo only"

Anyone have a not sketchy website to purchase the full HID Headlight from? I prefer to buy brand new.

·
Super Moderator
332 Posts
I received and reviewed a set of DDM Tuning LED Headlights. Been using them since and they're so worth it. Go check out my created threads for a review of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I completely understand your frustration. I just purchased a 2009 Eclipse GT with the Rockford Fosgate Stereo and the HID's. The headlights were dim, yet the clear housing was fairly clean, a little fogging, but basically clean. I had the hid bulbs replaced, and things did not get better. Turned out that one of the new bulbs was not seated properly. so I was basically functioning on one headlight for about 2 weeks. With the 2nd HID adjusted properly, light output is much improved. Ultimately I would love to have the fogged inside of the projector lens properly cleaned from the inside. In order to do this, the front bumper needs to be removed for access to remove the headlight housing. Once the headlight housing is out of the car, one might be able to have good access to clean the inside portion of the projector lens where the bulb is.

The reason I focused on this is that new official HID headlight housings are not available, and I spent alot of time looking and looking. The part numbers are 8301B291 and 8301B292. Some websites actually lead one to believe the part is in stock, but can just about guarantee they are not in stock.

The following link is to an aftermarket product, also out of stock and not available, even though it looks like one can be ordered:
https://www.autofitparts.com/head-lamp-06-13-lh-hid-eclipsemtec17-06b2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts