Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can find replacements for the original amber/blue tinted rear turn signal bulbs for an '07 GT?

Background story:
Car got rear ended, was in the shop for about a week. When I got it back from the shop, didn't notice it for a few days, but then discovered the original rear turn signal bulbs had been removed and replaced with cheap, ordinary ones. Called the shop, and after a few days they said the mechanics claimed they were both "broken," so that's why they replaced them. I told them that's not true as they were both working fine when I dropped them off. Even if they were broken, they should have been returned to me. They claimed the trash had already been taken out, so too late. Yeah, right.
I think some shop employees swiped them and replaced them with cheap-o's thinking I wouldn't notice. Wrong. Anyway, it'll be up to the shop to give me back actual replacements -- if I can find them.

·
Authorized Kool Kid
2006, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
35 Posts
Size is a 3457

Sylvania is the brand mine came with and still work after 2 years and 3 different headlight housings

from a quick search, it appears to be Sylvania 3457a silver star

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After calling around, I discovered you can still get the OEM bulbs from a Mitsubishi dealership. They're not cheap (around $40/ea.) but they can order them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UPDATE:

The body shop took full responsibility for erroneously (I'll take their word that stolen isn't the right word) removing the original expensive bulbs and replacing them with cheap-os. After telling them where to order them (Mitsu dealership) they got original OEM bulbs, paid for them and installed them.

We're all good now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts