Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to change out my timing belt so I've been looking around and looking at the manual and there is a timing belt A and a timing belt B. When people say that the timing belt needs replacing, which belt are they referring to? I see the

valve timing: 2004-2009 Mitsubishi Belt, Valve Timing MR994968 | Auto Parts

balancer timing: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008RJLY9W/ref=crt_ewc_img_dp_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A37036AG7YKV4O

Are these the right belts to buy? I know if I'm down there I might as well change both. My understanding of these belts and their purpose is not so great but I am great at following instructions so...

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 Mid Engine GT
7,617 Posts
GATES TCKWP332 PowerGrip is the most popular.

DAYCO WP332K1A would be your second option for a kit here

The continental isn't a full kit.

But you're replacing both timing system belts on a GS, and should also do the water pump. If you replace only a single of the two belts, people would do the one that controls valve timing. Then when the balance shaft belt snapped, they'd lose their valve timing belt anyway from the debris inside the cover. So there's no gain to do just the one

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes - there is a kit which you change your water pump, serpentine belt and maybe a couple other things. It's just easier to do all at once and usually needs all the parts anyhow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts