Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched on a few things and didn't see a discussion so I'm going to put my questions here ...

My car: 2007 Spyder GT ... 97K auto , prior owner had just changed out the valve cover gaskets and installed a new top...

I just had the timing belt (Dayco Premium), water pump and spark plugs (Iridium) changed out and it is running very smoothly .. original owner had not changed the TB previously ...

Right now I'm just working on getting it back "close to showroom" ....

I need to change the rearview mirror glass as it is corroded... Does anyone know a source for that piece? And are there any tricks to removing the mirror assembly?

One of the headlights leaks and has water inside ... What is the best sealant to use after I disassemble and clean it?

What is the best method of reattaching the dashpad to the hard plastic underlayment? I'm assuming good quality contact cement (I have some 3M pro stuff) but how have people here dealt with "relaxing" the pad back into the proper shape to lay down? On inspection the pad is in great shape and it just looks as if the factory skimped on the glue... (and the heat and humidity here in Florida doesn't help...)

I have 2 remotes and both are weak ,, I tried opening one to change the battery with a screwdriver in the slot (near the unlock button) but that didn't work , even with a great deal of force?? Is there a trick? I want to change the batteries.. (What battery?)

Is there a good brand of touchup paint that matches well.. (I have the dark red "ultra red") ... the paint on the metal parts is generally good but the mirrors and the plastic bits on the windshield header could use a respray...

Lastly I checked at Crutchfield and it seems as if the car uses 5.25" or 6.5" rounds in the doors and rear ,, the factory sub is junk.. is there a good bargain replacement for the factory amp , the 6.5's are easy to source CAN A LARGER or BETTER/LESS MUDDY sub be mounted? ,, the head unit is a cd changer (replacement bezel to mount a double-din is $$$)... What's hiding in the dash?? 3.5's?? Looks like a good place for some dome tweets...

Thanks in advance...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts