Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
resident crossplatformer
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
referencing a post on a different forum
Go MIVEC w00t 330whp with bolt ons w00t
so, was this a member on here? If so, with what mods? We know that with outlaw intake spacers, throttle body bypass, cold air intake, cat back exhaust, headers and tune that the 300 whp mark can be hit, so was this with ported intake manifods?

I'm just purely wondering, if nobody has done this, then I want to make sure this information is faulty

·
Version 2.0
2,405 Posts
Several members hit this mark Demonz was one check the dyno leadernoard and I'm sure I was there when I got the car tuned but never got around to seeing. I was around 330-350 bhp

·
resident crossplatformer
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and the response, from the other forum
It's all in the tune..
It's been done at least twice on Mirages, one of them is tuned by Dynocenter (in my opinion the best and most respected Mitsu Tuner in PR), it has a intake, q45 90mm TB(not exactly bolt on I know sorry), header, down pipe and carback:

Stock Automatic 6g75 eclipses are hitting 255whp:

Std. 06 eclipse with short ram:

I was at the dyno for the 2 eclipses and saw the Mirage at the track
looks like for you guys to replicate this (I have other plans *maniacal laugh*), you need to either fabricate a dual throttle body set up retaining throttle by wire, convert to a cable driven throttle set up (and use a q45 throttle body throttle body or one of the same size) or figure out how to use a larger throttle by wire throttle body

·
Registered
219 Posts
The mirage recently did 10.98 @126 at the 1/4
and the response, from the other forum

looks like for you guys to replicate this (I have other plans *maniacal laugh*), you need to either fabricate a dual throttle body set up retaining throttle by wire, convert to a cable driven throttle set up (and use a q45 throttle body throttle body or one of the same size) or figure out how to use a larger throttle by wire throttle body

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
modified N/A 4g69 mirages can run low 13's, high 12's...those things are mitsubishi's CRX equivilent, they don't weigh much...second gen mirage was less than 2,000lbs with a full interior...strip that to a motor and chassis, and you got yourself a go cart, and i really want to emphasize the "go" part..lol

i just googled the 95-03 mirage curb weight, only 2,400lbs...same thing you could take that down to 2,100 easily....maybe more

·
The O.G.
5,332 Posts
if a stock eclipse is hitting 255, then those dyno's are severly inflated. im gonna raise the BS flag on this one.

·
The O.G.
5,332 Posts
If a stock dyno, even dynojet is over 225 then it isn't calibrated right.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I know that my car did 289whp and 287 wtq with spacers, cai, mounts, Ported tb and bypass, full exhaust and tune. Now I just put rre shorties on with heat wrap so in the spring I'll have it retuned but I should be over the 300who mark.

·
resident crossplatformer
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got it on some very good info that all of these dyno results are from the same MIVEC 6g75 swapped Mirage (well, the other one uses MIVEC 6g74 heads, I will ignore it for this thread), this uses a speed denisty sensor set up (which if this is progression through several modifications, the speed density would yeild some gains alone), if not I have a feeling that either the last two are reversed with the stock auto GT putting down 209 whp and with the short ram intake, then putting down 230whp with the manual trans with the short ram air intake
I'm also pretty sure that the blue and red lines are at the wheels and corrected (at the crank)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts