Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Why all dashboard lights stills on and no turn signal

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Schiffer 
#1 ·
Hello everyone !

I just purchased an Eclipse GS 2011.

The detail with which I have been having problems, is that the dashboard lights are still on after the car is turned on, with the exception of the "Check engine". After scanning, it does not show any error code.

I have reviewed fuses and relays, both inside and outside and all are well.

I followed the wiring from the inner box and, I found a small green piece with 3 cables (two of them cut) and another behind black cut, near the rim driver side. I really do not know what it is for or what it is called that piece although, I think it is related to the lights and / or turn signal, the low light works normal (it does not change for high or fog lights) and turn signal does not work (neither hazzard ). Apparently, the previous owner will have made some kind of provisional connection to connect front lights.

Actually, there are two (or three) details, dashboard lights on and no high light or turn signal.

I hope to receive some feedback on the matter as I would like to know in addition to doing things by myself.

Greetings from Sonora, Mexico !

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks

Check the connections at the ECU and behind the instrument cluster

Welcome to the club

EDIT: Saw in your other post that wires are cut. You'll have to look into that

Here are the manuals for the car
The connections look good.

That is the manual I was looking for!

Thank you very much for your support !!!
I will read it

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks a lot by your support Sabertooth !
It was very helpful to me. Now, i resolved the turn signal and hazard lights issue using the specific wiring diagram.

It was a cut cable, a Red-Blue one between ECU and ETACS. When i was checking it, i saw 3-4 cables that are crushed (rear the green connector in the harness with two red and black cable, the same that i dont know what is it), I guess there is the way to solve the high lights, fog lights (because those is connected to the running lights (the button dont works)) and dashboard maybe.

I save some money with this and the most important, i learn.

Thanks again bro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.