Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, im new here and im a proud owner of a 2011 4g eclipse gt-p and I was thinking about putting a cold air intake in it.
Ive only found injen and k&n intake
So I was wondering wich one should I get? On carid if I check product option on the injen intake it say : Converts To Short Ram. more details on - Injen® - SP Series Cold Air Intake System with Blue Filter.
Does it mean it can be converted to a sri? Or this intake is a sri even if they say its a cai?

So overall, wich one should I get ? What is your favorite and why?
Thanks!

EDIT: I want to put a cai on my car not a sri

·
Authorized Kool Kid
2006, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
35 Posts
Relatively recently there was a longer thread of CAI's
Ive only found injen and k&n intake
there's a few more, such as AEM. Look into Autocityimports. They seem to have more products available.

The one you're looking at be either a CAi or SRi. Meaning you can install both pipes (One attached to the other) and have a CAi. Or just the top one for an SRi.
Would recommend reading that past thread for yourself to draw some more conclusions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Definetly some upsides of an SRI and a CAI, and if you go the Injen route then you'd be able to see both. CAI's scare me because it's constantly raining where I live, and SRI's scare me because they seem to be mostly noise and low gains. The AEM one seems to be well loved, so whichever way you go I'm sure you'll be happy

·
2,862 Posts
Definetly some upsides of an SRI and a CAI, and if you go the Injen route then you'd be able to see both. CAI's scare me because it's constantly raining where I live, and SRI's scare me because they seem to be mostly noise and low gains. The AEM one seems to be well loved, so whichever way you go I'm sure you'll be happy
CAI is better for performance, and is fine if you don’t drive through ponds lol, just put a hydro sock on it

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2007 GT
6,397 Posts
SRI aren't small gains... They're small losses. You need a vented hood to cool the bay air to make them viable over the stock intake.

Anyhow, cheap. Look for cheap. A cold air intake is such a simple part, there's no need to go nuts. You can make one from hardware store piping that's equally as effective as a $300 one.

·
TheSlow4g
2007 GS SE Turbo (In Progress)
153 Posts
SRI aren't small gains... They're small losses. You need a vented hood to cool the bay air to make them viable over the stock intake.

Anyhow, cheap. Look for cheap. A cold air intake is such a simple part, there's no need to go nuts. You can make one from hardware store piping that's equally as effective as a $300 one.
That's what I always try to tell people. There's no sense in spending $400 when there's a $100 part that'll do the exact same thing. Being something as simple as an air intake, quality won't make much of a difference. I won't say the same about other parts, but when it comes to cai's I've always gone with cheap eBay ones and they've always worked perfectly fine.

·
Authorized Kool Kid
2006, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
35 Posts
When I get the time (and extra money) Hoping to make my SRi into a CAi. or buy an ebay one with my new filter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts