Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a 2011 Eclipse, I believe is the GS Sport but haven’t really been able to find a definitive answer, either way it shouldn’t matter too much.

I ran into. problem today while trying to replace my headlights. After unplugging the battery my passenger side window fell down a bit, I believe due to the autoup feature on the doors.However, my passenger side has never had this feature work since I bought the car two months ago.

I have already tried reinitializing the window by rolling the window down all the way and holding the button until the click, but after the click it would roll back up to its original position. The driver side had the same problem happen but the solution fixed it. I ended up rolling the window all the way down and unplugging the battery which was a mistake as now the window is stuck all the way down and will not go up at all.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thankfully my family has an extra car this week with my mom being out of town but I will need it fixed sooner rather than later. But a fix in a few weeks is better than it being broken forever.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're doing this with the door shut, right? And the car doesn't think a door is open?
That is correct, also little update, I took the door apart and tried tapping the motor with a mallet and now the window will move up and down a tiny bit. Not enough to even come above the door trim but at least I know power is probables going to the motor.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The motor will still engage if it's a bad window regulator. That would be like a blown tire stopping your engine starting
Fair enough. So I took the window assembly out and took the motor off, rolled the window up manually, reinstalled the motor, and the window will roll up and down like normal. The only thing is that the window still won't return all the way up, and the auto up feature when the door opens and closes still does not work, as well as I am unable to reinitialize the window (holding down until a hear a click and holding up). When I plugged the motor back in after manually rolling the window up and reinstalling the entire assembly into the door the window dropped about a quarter inch, or about as much as it should with the auto up feature. I then tried to manually roll it up again, this time without taking the door out, and with my dad pulling up on the window while the motor was out to keep the glass from falling, I put the motor back in but we couldn't get it to be all the way like the drivers side when the door is closed. Could this be a problem with the regulator? The door jam button works to tell the car whether the door is opened or closed so I wouldn't think it's a problem with that. Thanks to anyone who has helped me so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts