Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Eclipse was in a crash recently but has been put back into working order with the help of a local garage.

Unfortunately, they didn't do a wonderful job reconnecting the fog lights (as well as many other things). I had to rewire the passenger side and found the connection they had made was just garbage. (I'll have to fix the driver side one eventually but I'll wait until it goes out)

Upon repairing my horn (which was not wired up properly as well and would only work about 20% of the time), I found these wires dangling beneath my driver side fog light.

Also, this front corner of the car is where the impact was of the crash so don't mind the condition it's in, she's still in need of a lot of TLC.

Just curious to find out what they are and if they're supposed to be connected anywhere and not just freely hanging above the driver-side underbody splash guard. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
2,691 Posts
I literally just resoldered on a new plug for the ambient temp sensor for my car since it got ripped off in a wreck if u want any help

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I literally just resoldered on a new plug for the ambient temp sensor for my car since it got ripped off in a wreck if u want any help
Mine still seem to be working but if they do decide to crap the bed I'll let you know, thank you!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Does anyone know if all of the cars have the second ambient temp sensor in the wiring harness?

Had my front end repaired and I only see one, but they rearranged a lot. That shop forgot to connect my headlights and broke my washer nozzles. Also aligned my hood like a joke, still redoing it myself.

·
2,691 Posts
Adding on to what we talked about in PM’s, I’d like to give u this wiring diagram link

https://tearstone.com/eclipsefsm/2006_PS24S_MMNA_SM_PDF/GR00000400-90.pdf#page266

Page 268 specifically has the ambient temp sensor in the diagram for the clock screen “Multi Center Display”

U need to find the location of the C21 connector and it looks like u need to add wiring to your ambient temp sensor to pins 1 and 2 of the C21 connector

Talk about this feature was stated before

https://www.club4g.org/board/2006-2012-eclipse-general-4g/98562-dash-clock-setup.html#/topics/98562

Edit: more FSM about Multi Center Display

https://tearstone.com/eclipsefsm/2006_PS24S_MMNA_SM_PDF/GR00002100-54A.pdf#page234

It appears as thought the clock with the compass and temp reading is a different unit than just the clock only one
Since u said that you already swapped yours to the one with the compass and temp reading (Type 1), u can follow diagnostics on page 242 for your clock reading showing up as “—“, however I’m pretty sure you’re going to end up finding that you need a different wiring harness, or somehow tap more wires into a wiring harness

Diagrams show the C22 connector inside the car below the center console in front of the shifter

To be honest I think getting this little temp reading to work is more effort than its worth

U might wanna check page 258 for how to recalibrate the compass though because it will probably work because it says the compass is contained internally inside the screen unit, not inside the mirror like I thought originally

Again, my car doesn’t have any of these options so I wasn’t sure

Pin 14 and 15 of the C06 connector into the display unit itself are for the ambient temp sensor on page 256

1 - 8 of 8 Posts