Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is the second time I have wired one of these things in, both times I have had the same problem. The rear speakers work fine but I can't get the front, door and the sub to work. I'm sure it has something to do with the blue/white wire coming off the 14 pin. It states in the instructions

connect the blue/white wire to the amp turn on wire (this wire must be connected to hear sound from the factory amplifier)

So I can't figure out what wire this is on the stereo and I really don't wanna pay car toys 90 dollars that will take them 2 minutes to fix.

Here is the instructions for the stereo.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like your head unit doesn’t have an amp turn on wire just an antenna wire, hook it to pin 17 wire for ignition
That did it! Thank you! You just saved me around 100 dollars :D

Is it safe to have the 3 wires connected? I already had 17 connected to 12 volt ignition switch wire coming off the mito.

·
2,161 Posts
Looks like your head unit doesn’t have an amp turn on wire just an antenna wire, hook it to pin 17 wire for ignition
That did it! Thank you! You just saved me around 100 dollars :)

Is it safe to have the 3 wires connected? I already had 17 connected to 12 volt ignition switch wire coming off the mito.
Well typically a head unit would have a blue wire for an antenna turn on wire and a blue with white stripe for an amp turn on but your headunit just has an antenna turn on wire by the looks of it unfortunately because you really would want to connect your Mito turn on wire to the amp turn on blue with white stripe wire, if u connected it to the antenna turn on wire (which should still probably be connected on our cars because I’m pretty sure our cars have an antenna amplifier that only comes on with power applied to this wire to get better radio range pickup), then your speakers would only work when you used the tuner and not any other source, connected it to your red ignition wire would just make the mito and amp turn on with the ignition of the car and stay on even when the radio is turned off, only issue here could be speaker popping when starting the car or something but that’s not guaranteed

And yes it’s safe to have two wires from the mito tapped into the ignition wire for this cause, the red wire is just an ignition turn on wire not actually supplying the main power to the radio or mito, that’s the yellow power wire, on my non Rockford Fosgate (basic wiring non Mito) setup I have the antenna turn on wire for the car (antenna amplifier I mentioned) wiring harness as well as my amps amp turn on wire both connected to my head units amp turn on wire so that’s tgeee wires connected but it still doesn’t overload the amp tub on wire circuit in my pioneer head unit, only thing then is that my antenna amplifier is “on” whenever I listed to anything no just the tuner, but it’s not like some cars where this function would raise and lower a physical antenna and so it doesn’t look goofy on the Eclipse because there’s no physical antenna that’s extended when I’m using Bluetooth audio or something lol, this is because my headunit is opposite of yours and has an amp turn on wire but no antenna turn on wire

·
Registered
528 Posts
Only getting audio from my rear speakers, when I unplug all 4 RCA's i'm still getting audio out of rear only. Currently digging to my amplifier but i'm curious if the MITO-01 just failed.

Update: Found the installer never actually wired up the front speakers from the radio to the MITO-01. No idea how they were working prior to, but they just quit last night. Hooked up the Dimmer too while I was in there. Love paying people for trash work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts