Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve been trying to read as many threads about this as I can, but the (for lack of a better term) connotative language used in the post I think is confusing me just a tad.

My question: Can you run the fabled WRX Injectors and use fastworks to tune it in correctly, or do we need the AEM F/IC and BryanJ connectors in order to regulate the injectors post ECU to prevent overspray due to the self learning aspect of the ECU?

I understand this may sound like a dumb question, but I keep seeing “you can’t run them (the WRX fuel injectors) without a tune.” however the definition here for “tune” is what is confusing me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use Fastworks, it’s the best way
Tears of joy are flowing. Thank you! Now just a matter of learning how to actually tune. Back into the search bar and the YouTube rabbit hole I go!

·
2,690 Posts
Just a heads up... You won't gain anything running bigger injectors than stock until you make significantly more power than stock.

But yeah, Fastworks lets you set stuff such as injector size scaling, minimum pulse, latency, etc.
This.

while you can run bigger injectors and adjust the tune for them, there’s no reason to do so unless you’re going boosted anyway

stock injectors are big enough to do any bolt on staying NA

bigger injectors than needed can actually be bad because if they’re too big they can have issues spraying smaller amounts accurately

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This.

while you can run bigger injectors and adjust the time for them, there’s no reason to do so unless you’re going boosted anyway

stock injectors are big enough to do any bolt on staying NA

bigger injectors than needed can actually be bad because if they’re too big they can have issues spraying smaller amounts accurately
Understandable… I’m trying to pace myself into putting a turbocharger into the car, and doing pieces over time. I understand I won’t see any immediate gains with these, I solely view it as another step closer to the end result. I appreciate both of you for looking out!

Hopefully by the end of the year I’ll be ready to put on about 6-7psi of boost (since it is an automatic)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts