Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am going to gut it and use it just to seal the pan as well as the ports to plumb In the dry sump system.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,295 Posts
Good news then, I have one on one of my spare 6G75 motors. It's complete, but oil pressure wasn't great. It seems to be everything you need

You've definitely caught my interest with the dry sump though. Not a lot of 6G7# motors, even ones raced, are having those. Good on you for it, I've been looking into a way to do it myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, yeah it's kinda of a hybrid engine. 6g74 block, 6g74 aluminum rods, custom pistons with altered compression height so I can run a 6g75 crank with added stroke. Will be going in a awd 3000GT when done. What are you looking to get for the pump?

·
Basically Stock
6,295 Posts
I'm in Ontario, not sure where you're at, but if in the states, almost all the price would be shipping. I don't have a need for an old pump, so just $40 or so should cover the time to pull it, and ship it

As for that hybrid, 74 block not 75 block because of orientation, correct? I've been working out details of a long rod 6G 3.7L build with 156mm rods. Gives a 1.83 rod ratio. It uses VQ35DE pistons, 6G74 crank, 156mm 6G74/75 rods (toughest part yet, I'm trying to find what has the same size big end at 156mm length, 22mm pin end is easy), and either a 6G75 or 74 block. Heads wise it would be 75 for the extra breathing. I'm picking up some VQ pistons to test it out, rods I can have custom made at Brian Crower no problem. Have you heard of anything similar? I'm building a mid engine 4G circuit car, and want it to be happy with revs (thus long rod) and the extra dwell of the rod ratio should help out up top with the 75 head flow. Ultimate power isn't the goal, but reliable 600 is plenty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am just down in albany ny, the 6g74 block allows me to run my 6g72 ported heads with race cams which should help the gt4788 breathe :)

·
Basically Stock
6,295 Posts
Quite opposite of my build, I'm going the twins route due to packaging and spool. I'll send you a picture once I can pull the pump, unfortunately it won't be today, MIGHT be able to tomorrow though. I've already filled my days off solid with plans for other work, lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts