Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to 4th Gen Eclipse. I had a 1st Gen back in 92 and miss it.
Am considering a GT manual, prefer a 2011/12, but no matter what
year it is I would love it to be as close to stock as possible.
Hopefully someone semi close to Columbia, SC/Augusta, GA also :) !

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is my plan for use?

Basically it would be a driver when it is pretty outside. But, I am used to a Mustang GT with a Roush supercharger or a VW Golf R type power. I know they are totally different but that may give you an idea. It wouldn't be a daily driver but I would love it to be as
fast as it can be. I have heard some people add turbos but have also heard there isnt much room for mods like that. Before I get one I would love to know of a shop that I can rely on to do quality work on an Eclipse 4G or earlier. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am leaning towards a 6 cyl and definitely a manual. Although, the big question is how easy is it to get the 6 cyl fast? I won't be racing it but I am thinking above 300hp, 0-60 below 6 seconds for sure.

·
2,691 Posts
I am leaning towards a 6 cyl and definitely a manual. Although, the big question is how easy is it to get the 6 cyl fast? I won't be racing it but I am thinking above 300hp, 0-60 below 6 seconds for sure.
6cyl will be limited to basic bolt ons if that's what you're after
Like intake pipe, intake resonator blockoff, exhaust manifold/headers, tune, other exhaust stuff

Good tires, brakes, and new suspension components are good upgrades too, not for power, but good to have

·
Registered
403 Posts
Personally I wouldn’t pay more than 3k if someone had maintained it properly all its life and just did the timing belt. I’m a bit extreme but I’m picky when it comes to my money. My gs has lasted over 260k miles only needed a trans past month and front bearing due to hitting a ditch I wasn’t driving. But that’s not many issues in 260k miles but it was properly maintained timing belt done every 100k miles but that one for $5k your looking at needs a belt it’s over 10 years old now if they did that and has new tires, along with proper brakes cheap to see if it was recalled for or not. Mine was and wouldn’t stop at times now it does fine after the recall fixed it. Woulda had to replace the boosters ect myself if it won’t for that.

·
2,691 Posts
Personally I wouldn’t pay more than 3k if someone had maintained it properly all its life and just did the timing belt. I’m a bit extreme but I’m picky when it comes to my money. My gs has lasted over 260k miles only needed a trans past month and front bearing due to hitting a ditch I wasn’t driving. But that’s not many issues in 260k miles but it was properly maintained timing belt done every 100k miles but that one for $5k your looking at needs a belt it’s over 10 years old now if they did that and has new tires, along with proper brakes cheap to see if it was recalled for or not. Mine was and wouldn’t stop at times now it does fine after the recall fixed it. Woulda had to replace the boosters ect myself if it won’t for that.
The booster recall was for the very first models made in 2005 for the 2006 release year models such as mine, being in the first 5000 cars made in the production of 2006 model year, most of these were fixed on these 2006 models on dealer lots before ever being sold

The 2015 brake recall was for a faulty ABS module/pump, mine completely failed and u had to double pump the brakes to stop, dealer replaced it for free under recall and flushed with DOT4, they now recommend to only use DOT4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts