Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
4,111 Posts
hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm c u should of followed the J-rod instruction guide... damn factory instructions... ok have you tried one of these?
id recommend a set so this kind of stuff can be solved... if it still acts up then add heat!!!!!! to the end of the tool then it will simply melt right into the inset then allowing you to remove it...
Damm. aren't those the same tools the Egyptians used to remove the brains throught the nose cavity :werd:!!

But I'd have to agree, there's got to be a way to get that plug out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So I talked to Momo USA about this and they were puzzled the instructions were only for manual and not automatic. They agreed that the instructions should add a step for automatic users to cut a hole or cut the closed end of the adaptors.

The people over at AutoPartsDealer.com are complete dicks and to make a long story short, I can't return this (I tried to return before I even took the adapter out of the bag). So I'm gonna be selling this Momo Automatica automatic shift knob. I'll be creating a FS thread later this week when I have more time.
How much you gonna sell it for and is it the leather wrapped one or the metalic finish? I might be interested.

·
Banned
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It's the aluminum one. I'm working with Momo right now to see if they could do an exchange due to having incorrect installation instructions. If that doesn't work out, I was thinking of selling it for $75 with free shipping within the continental U.S.

·
Hard Core 4ger
11,973 Posts
^jeez man sucks you are having so much trouble over a damn shifter knob.

did you try some of these good suggestions in this thread for getting it out? clovis, RJ, gary and others seemed to have some good ideas....
a pain but not the end of the world - just not a good modding experience for you, that's for sure. my sympathies bro.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wish I would have seen this decade old thread before I spent an hour chasing that adapter in mine. Anyhoo.

For anyone who has this problem, I found the provided Alan key for the set screws works well to fish the adapter out of the shifter knob cavity when it gets pushed in. It takes a little work but I basically did it in the dark.

Went without the adapter for the time being. Works fine, I even left the original plastic piece (the sleeve that covers the depresser in the factory shaft) on there.

Let it rest on the button, and make sure before you tighten down the set screws that it is on the shaft not the depresser.

Also line up the logo and make sure the little band that covers the set screws is on the shaft before you start all of this and screw down the set screws.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts